WATER WALLS FESTIVAL 2021 - CONCEPT AND PART OF THE IMPLEMENTATION
Water Walls, the first festival in 'circular culture', an unofficial term invented by the festival organisers in an attempt to provide an appropriate response to an artistic programme that aims to be full of (good) sense!
Water Walls is the first cultural festival based on the principles of the circular economy. It will be organised on a biennial basis from 2021 in Esch-sur-Sûre.
Throughout the summer, contemporary creations by renowned national artists will serve as a backdrop for the artistic performances that will take place on these 5 open stages near the 5 dams of the Sûre valley.
Apart from the performances, the stage installations remain works in their own right to be discovered on a route with a remarkable landscape.
In the heart of a region with a unique natural setting, a unique concept: The theme "Natural Borders" invites us to reflect on the borders, on this in-between between original nature and artificial nature created by a dam. "Natural Borders" will lend itself to numerous metaphors on flows, currents, technologies, the limits of nature and human intervention, its consequences for a region and the other borders created by the dam.
Role of yellow ball
- Co-development of the biennial art festival Water Walls Festival in Esch-sur-Sûre.
- Advice and guidance for the festival
- Graphic design of the poster
- Design and programming of the website
The artists and their projects
YO Studio and LagerKultur
by Justine Blau and Stéphane Ghislain Roussel
- Floating Pixel
by Serge Ecker and Giacomo Piovan
- Offering a few words to the shore
by Marco and Fabio Godinho
- Séibühn asbl - Client
- Municipality of Esch-sur-Sûre
- Séverine Zimmer, Valentina Arno - Services for creatives
- Julie Conrad - Visual identity by Julie Conrad Design Studio
- Cropmark - Visual and print design